Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Low windage hair




I let Claudia loose with the clippers before joining the best youth Radial sailors this weekend at the United4 series in Workum.
The low windage magic unfortunately worked for one race only. After winning the first race the wind dropped and I couldn't find my rhythm in the lumpy seas.
On Sunday a lack of fitness and a Europe coming backwards over our startline put paid to any chance of holding my eleventh place overnight.
Em had had enough so we retired and got things packed away early. We live to fight another day.
Thanks to United4sailing for letting me join in.

Conclusions; I need more top level starting practise, more hours sailing in waves and more evenings on the hiking bench.

Next stop for TeamKwark; Medemblik for the Open Dutch Championships.