Thursday, October 28, 2010

My pleasure

I spent another grey, cold wet day in a rescue boat at the DTP Optimist Camp today - and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The trainers, two of our most talented Laser sailors, with a combined age of 31, pushed the Opti kids hard. Today they concentrated on turning - tacks and gybes - then combined that with yesterday's straight line speed in the races at the end of the day.
What a pleasure to watch these youngsters coaching, and watch the sailors getting better by leaps and bounds and all of us out in the open air all day.
In the picture Em gets the hang of the 'extension behind your back at the end of the tack', another big step forward.
I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, and miss the third and final day.

In a post on apparent wind 'yarg' writes 'You gotta love those people who can’t get enough of the things they are passionate about'. Thats just about sums up what made my day so good.